19 January 2008

Today's Practice

Today I went to the first Saturday practice with the new team and met the new head coach and several of the new players, sharing some pecan candies I brought back as souvenirs from my Georgia trip. I'm very impressed by the new group and feel they have more raw talent on the whole compared to before. Also, the team practices MUCH harder than what I have seen before, with 3-hour long practices and at least now, having two practices per day. With a below freezing bitingly cold wind chill, it was inspirational to see how hard these guys work.

Other than Hiralio, I don't yet have a good grasp of which names belong to which faces, but I think the comraderie will also be more cohesive this year, which says something seeing how well players meshed last season.

No comments: